Saturday, July 03, 2010

You're an Indian

I enter a bar with my cousin to have a drink. The barman has put on a football game on all the TVs. Not that I don’t enjoy football but still, I wonder why would anyone put on a football game when IPL is on? So what if it’s the bottom of the table game today?

Right across me sits a babe. She’s nothing if not a sex bomb. She’s not even wearing much clothes. Which guy wouldn’t stare at her? And she’s even sucking at the butt. Yet, I choose not to look at her anymore. She’s sucking at the butt of a cigarette.

I choose to look at the other one sitting on a table to my right. She’s fully clothed. Yet she looks sensual. She’s merely accompanying her boyfriend there who’s enjoying a beer. When the waiter takes her orders she says, “A coke and a chicken tikka…”. Now, I like her even more. This is the ideal girl you would want to be with. So what if she’s not as sexy as the other one?

Later that evening, I go to an Italian restaurant for dinner. Its nothing if not ambrosia. How can a truly satisfying meal end without a paan? The moment I come out, I order a “KalKatta Meetha” at the nearest paan shop.

It’s vacation time now. I’ve been home mostly watching downloaded Hollywood flicks. Master pieces all of them. Examples of excellence in cinema. No doubt. Yet, I miss watching a “Shahrukh-KJo, larger than life, love means everything” drama sprinkled with spiced songs here and there.

I don’t believe in Nationalism. I am not patriotic at all. Yet, these are the times you realize- You’re an Indian. 

No comments: